After the success of their MEGA Car Show and Family Fun Day in November 2016, Car Megamart reached out to Redsteps to create, organise and manage their Wheels & Deals event on June 18th 2017.
The Wheels & Deals event was a smashing success and comprised of 3 main components: Swap meet, auto and family market stalls and awesome family activities, along with some classic cars coming down on the day, live music and great food and drinks at the Car Megamart Cafe.
The event had vendors from a variety of backgrounds, including car accessories, 4×4 equipment, mountainboarding, children’s products and hobbyists who displayed an array of interesting vehicle and novelty items. PLUS, children and families had the opportunity to go on bungee trampolines, a rock climbing wall, inflatable obstacle course, have their face painted and take home balloons.
The Wheels & Deals event was planned to be a small scale event, however, small is not a word we could use to describe the attendance and energy that we had at Car Megamart on the event day! We not only had successful foot traffic throughout the entire event, we also had good engagement online as we were responsible for the pre-promotion including social media, the event page, advertising and public relations.
EVENT MANAGEMENT OF CAMPAIGN
- Event run sheets
- Site Maps
- Liaising with swap meet organisers
- Sourcing and managing all entertainment
- Event insurance
- Traffic management
- Sourcing prizes and giveaways
- Billboard advertising
- Coordination of market stalls
- Coordination of printing
- Event day bump in and bump out
- Post-event reporting
- Market research and surveying of guests
- Over 1,800 people at the event
- 75 swap meet stalls
- 16 market stalls
- Over $1,000 raised for our sponsor, the Young Veterans
- 2,100 users viewed the event page
- Wheels & Deals event page reached over 28,000 people
- Featured post on Weekend Notes