03 Jul What social media platforms should you be using?
Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat….what social media platforms should your business be using??
Marketing can be time consuming, especially if you are busy in the everyday running of your business! The last thing you want to do is put your efforts in the wrong social media platforms which can waste time and potentially money.
Redsteps take you through the importance of social media platforms in modern day marketing and provide some helpful hints and stats to ensure your business is using the right platforms to reach your target audience.
Why do we need to use social media?
The importance of marketing on social media platforms has rapidly increased over the last decade – social platforms are more dominant in consumers lives and therefore becoming more important to businesses. As consumers are paying more attention to their phones, tablets and laptops they are becoming less switched on to TV, radio and print advertising – especially with the growing popularity of products that eliminate the need for ads and promotion, such as Spotify Premium and Netflix.
So, what digital and social media platforms should your business be active on?
Every business is unique – from product range, to target audience and location, no two business are exactly the same. This means that there is no one-size-fits-all policy when it comes to what social media and digital platforms your business should be active on. However, some key points to keep in mind are:
- Who are my customers?
- What digital platforms do they use?
- How active are they on those platforms?
- Does this platform fit with my business’ brand?
We have found some great statistics that might help guide you in the right direction when planning your social media marketing efforts, whilst giving you a greater insight into social media platforms and their popularity in Australia:
- 7 in 10 Australians use Facebook
- 1 in 2 Australians use YouTube
- Instagram has 5,000,000 monthly active Australian users
- 32% of teenagers consider Instagram to be the most important social network
- Female internet users are more likely to use Instagram than men
- 2 million business use Facebook for advertising
- 51% of Instagram users access the platform daily, and 35% say they look at the platform several times a day
- Almost 80% of time spent on social media platforms happens on mobile
- 100 million hours of video content are watched on Facebook daily
Want some more insights?
Want to find out more about what social media platforms would be best for your business? Contact Redsteps today – we have social media workshops and packages that will help ensure your business has a strong social media marketing direction and will help relieve your marketing stress.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on (03) 8768 9383