12 Jun Pros and cons of using social media for business
Should your business be using social media?
Putting your business on social media can be scary – especially if you’re not a social media user yourself. As the world continues to move online, more and more businesses are creating their own social media accounts to promote their brand and their products to current and potential customers.
But is it right for you?
Some business owners worry about putting their business on social media as anyone can view posts and leave public comments on these platforms. Although there is always an element of risk when promoting your business online, when it is managed and monitored properly using social media can be highly beneficial for your brand.
We’ve put together a list of pros and cons of using social media for business so that you can better understand the benefits of using social media while assessing the cons and potential risks associated with these platforms; so you can be fully informed if you choose to promote your business online using social media!
SOCIAL MEDIA BENEFITS
- Gets your business noticed online
- Finds new customers
- Positive reviews and testimonials
- More likely to show up in a Google search
- Easy communication with customers
- Engage customers and create better customer loyalty
- Advantage over competitors who aren’t on social media
- Quick and easy replies to enquiries
- More affordable than traditional marketing tactics
- Increase traffic to your website
- Business details are more accessible
- Can promote products/services
- Option to pay for affordable advertising
- Can track how many people are engaging with your business
- Reinforces branding
- Control over online presence
- Insights into the marketplace
Social Media Risks to Consider
- Risk of negative comments and reviews
- Need to monitor regularly
- Not guaranteed you will reach your target audience
- Risk of unwanted behaviour on your page
- Time consuming to maintain an active presence
- Need to invest more time and effort to match competitors
To sum it up: Social media is great if you want to attract new customers, maintain relationships with existing customers and make your business more accessible online. However, social media can make your business vulnerable to negative comments and reviews, and it can take time to maintain. But, these cons can be avoided if you set aside time to post to your accounts and check for new comments everyday!
Loving the pros of social media for business but still worried about those cons? Let Redsteps look after your business’ social media accounts for you! We can set up your social accounts properly, create and post content, create targeted advertisements and take care of any comments for you! At Redsteps, we utilise social media to improve our client’s businesses. Take a look at our social media packages and see if one is right for your business!